Saturday, January 15, 2011

Pasta Fagioli

I don't know where I found this recipe. I have had it for a few years and it is a good one.

Ingredients:
1 lbs. hamburger                                    1(12oz) can of v-8 juice
1 small onion (1 cup)                                    1 TBS white vinegar
1 large julienned carrot (1 cup)                                1 1/2 tsp salt
                 2 cloves of garlic minced          1 tsp oregano                              
2 (14.5oz.) can diced tomatoes                                    1 tsp basil
1(15oz) can red kidney beans(with liquid)               1/2tsp pepper
1(15oz) can great northern beans(with liquid)           1/2 tsp thyme
1(15oz) can tomato sauce                               1/2 pkg. ditali pasta

1.brown hamburger and drain off most of the fat
           2. Add onion, carrot, celery, and garlic, saute for 10 minutes
                 3. Add remaining ingredients (except pasta) simmer for 1 hour
4. About 50 minutes into simmer time, cook pasta
             5. Add pasta to pot of soup. simmer 5-10 minutes and then serve.
Enjoy yours it is delicious!

3 comments:

  1. That looks amazing!!! I will have to try it. I've never heard of ditali pasta. What would be a suitable substitute?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you could substitue elbow macaroni for this recipe.It is basically a elbow macaroni noodle cut into thirds.I found the ditali pasta at Walmart.This recipe is very Yummy and goes a long way....

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks just so yummy. If it has pasta I am in. LOL!

    ReplyDelete